Demi Lovato & Joe Jonas reunite to perform “This Is Me” and reenact the scene from Camp Rock [Staples Center, LA - 9/27/14]
I love Jed Bartlett but imagine The West Wing where everything is the same but Abbey is president and Jed is just the dotty first husband full of inane facts
[People say they love to see your dance moves] “Are you serious? Do ‘they love’ mean they’re like “That’s so lame. Look at her still doing that”?”
hate me // blue october
hate me today
hate me tomorrow
hate me for all the things i didn’t do for you
amberrosetamblyn Brunch with my best bitches. #sisterhood @preserve_us @americaferrera
Oh so many reasons.
1) it equates the anger of the oppressed to the hate of their oppressors.
2) it blames oppressed groups for their oppression. Bigotry doesn’t exist because people hate bigots. It exists because oppressed people oppose it. It exists because of bigots and because of privileged folks being complicit or tacitly condoning systems of oppression.
3) it’s fundamentally untrue. Hatred of oppression doesn’t lead to more hatred; it leads to progress.
4) it is used to attack any attempt by oppressed people to obtain liberation. Point out that something or someone is repulsively racist and all of a sudden you’re “breeding more hate”.
It’s a fundamental misrepresentation of reality that blames victims and excuses fucked up behavior.
Reese Witherspoon photographed by Mikael Jansson for Vogue Magazine, October 2014.
- The protests are being held in order to achieve universal suffrage in Hong Kong. Although democracy had been promised for 2017 in 2008, China announced this August that Hong Kong people would only be able to vote from a pool of 2-3 specially selected candidates (all of whom…